This article is to help explain how the order process works.
1. Placing your order. There are 2 different ways to place your order, either online or on the phone with a sales representative.
2. Order Numbers and Confirmation Codes:
a. When you place your order over the phone with a sales representative you will be given a Confirmation Code which be referenced throughout the order process. The Confirmation Code holds this particular format: SO-XXXXXXX.
b. When you place your order online you will receive an email right after you place your order. The email will contain an Order Number in the following format: USM-XXXXXXXXX. This email advises you that we received your order request. Your order will then process into our system within (1) business day. Once order processing is complete you will receive another email that contains your Confirmation Code and a copy of your Sales Order (your receipt). Now that you have received this second email from us, the Confirmation Code will use the format SO-XXXXXXX. This Confirmation Code will be the number you will use to reference your order throughout the entire order process.
***Please review your order confirmation to insure that the information in the Ship To field as well as the items you order are correct. If there are any discrepancies, please contact us as soon as possible to make any necessary corrections.
1. Now that your order has been placed and processed through our system, we will then submit your order to the manufacturer. We do this because the products we sell (except a select few we keep in stock) are all made to order, just for you!
2. Once your order has been produced, the manufacturer will then ship your order by truck to the local delivery agent in your area. The transit time may vary depending on the location of the manufacturing plants from the delivery agents. An email will be sent to you providing the tracking information and the contact information for the delivery agent.
3. Once the delivery truck from the manufacturing plant arrives to your local delivery agent, the delivery agent then unloads the delivery truck and scans in all of the orders that were on the truck piece by piece. Please be advised that the delivery truck is typically a fully loaded semi specifically for your delivery agent. The process for the delivery agent to unload, inspect and scan in all of the orders can take up to a few days, depending on time of year, amount of help, etc.
4. Your order is now "on dock", meaning your order is in the warehouse at the delivery agent's location and scanned into their system! At this point you will receive an automated phone call to attempt to schedule delivery. Unfortunately, we all know that we don't always receive or understand these automated calls. If you were able to schedule your delivery with the automated system, great! If not, you will need to call the delivery agent directly to get scheduled for delivery.
For more information regarding the delivery process and contact information for the different carriers, please refer to the following articles:
**For general information on scheduling delivery with a carrier please see the article:
Scheduling Delivery - General Information
** For delivery questions regarding mattress orders please see the article:
Scheduling Delivery - Mattress Orders
** For delivery questions regarding furniture orders please see the article:
Scheduling Delivery - Furniture Orders
Please follow this link for further assistance: Order Status